The benefits of turmeric for cats and dogs are:
- Its antioxidant power
- Its anti-inflammatory properties
- Its ability to heal different wounds
- Its application on skin problems: psoriasis, dermatitis, ringworms, leishmaniasis ...
- Its power to slow down cancer
- Improving the functioning of the digestive tract and kidneys
- An effective complementary treatment for bone diseases in old dogs
Anti-inflammatory - the curcumin in turmeric relieves aches and pains associated with arthritis.
Detoxifier - turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.
Supports a healthy immune system.
• 5 kg to 10 kg: 1 to 2 teaspoons per day
- 10 kg to 20 kg: 2 to 3 teaspoons per day
- 20 kg to 30 kg: 2 to 4 teaspoons per day
- 30 kg to 40 kg: 4 to 6 teaspoons per day
- 40 kg or more: up to 8 teaspoons.
150 gram bag
Simply add to your pet's food.
Recipe and preparation of turmeric paste or gold paste for dogs and cats
- 65 gr of turmeric
- 2 to 3 gr of freshly ground black pepper, or ½ teaspoon
- 125 ml of water
- 70 ml of fat (olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- optional - 2 to 3 gr of cinnamon or ½ teaspoon.
Combine the water and turmeric in a saucepan and stir, until quickly thickened.
Heat the turmeric for 7-8 minutes, while continuing to stir.
The dough should have the consistency of a thick puree. If it is too runny, add turmeric. If it is too thick, add water.
Then add the black pepper, cinnamon and then the oil. Mix and pour your preparation into a jar with a lid, then put it in the refrigerator.
Store the paste like this for 2 weeks at peak efficiency and up to 3 or 4 weeks maximum.
You can also portion it and freeze it for up to 4 months.
Warning: the turmeric paste stains!